Welcome to your course
In all of the tables in this document, both the pre-2009 NQF Level and the NQF Level is shown. In the text (purpose statements, qualification rules, etc), any references to NQF Levels are to the pre-2009 levels unless specifically stated otherwise.
This unit standard does not replace any other unit standard and is not replaced by any other unit standard.
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
A person credited with this Unit Standard is able to demonstrate an understanding of the theory of transformation, the role of organisational change in South Africa, and the Employment Equity Act (EEA) and how these impact on each other.
In particular, on completion of this Unit Standard, the learner is able to:
- See employment equity (EE)as a positive development for an organisation
- Recognise that employment equity can favourably influence the business strategy
- Discuss the EEA in terms of the history of the country
- Recognise that the EEA is an integral part of the HRD strategy
- Enhance organisational awareness of the importance of employment equity
- Explain various concepts and principles relating to Organisational Transformation and Change Management (OT&CM)
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Learners should be competent in:
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Communication at NQF Level 4
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
- Although the learner will gain knowledge of the relevant legislation, he/she will not be expected to act in any legal capacity, or to deliver any legal opinion, based solely on the achievement of this Unit Standard;
- The learner is not required to be a member of the EE committee;
- The learner is required to analyse the impact of EE legislation on a specific organisation.